Subject: CERV Funding opportunity related to Anti-SLAPPs
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "RICCETTI Deborah" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2025 13:21:30 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear all,

We would like to bring to your attention a call for proposals for EU funding 
to promote civil society organisations’ awareness of, capacity building and 
implementation of the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights 
(CERV-2025-CHAR-LITI).

This is a call for proposals for EU action grants in the field of Union 
Values under the Citizens, Equality, Rights and Values Programme (CERV).

We believe this call could be of interest to you and your work related to 
the Anti-Slapps initiative. We invite you to promote it through your 
channels.

Objective:

The objective of the call is to protect, promote and raise awareness of 
fundamental rights by providing financial support to civil society 
organisations active at local, regional, national and transnational level in 
promoting and cultivating those rights, thereby also strengthening the 
protection and promotion of Union values and respect for the rule of law, 
and contributing to the construction of a more democratic Union, democratic 
dialogue, transparency and good governance.

Scope:

This call for proposals aims to promote the founding rights and values of 
the Union by building primarily civil society organisations’ awareness on 
and capacity to apply the Charter and to carry out activities to ensure that 
the fundamental rights enshrined in the Charter are upheld. Projects can be 
national or transnational.

Each project application under the call must address only ONE of the 
following priorities:

*	Priority 1. Capacity building and awareness raising on the EU Charter of 
Fundamental Rights;
*	Priority 2. Promoting rights and values by empowering the civic space;
*	Priority 3. Strategic litigation;
*	Priority 4. Protecting EU values and rights by combating hate crime and 
hate speech;
*	Priority 5. Supporting an enabling environment for the protection of 
whistleblowers.

NOTA BENE:

Projects under Priority 3. Strategic litigation can include a focus on 
countering manifestly unfounded or abusive court proceedings against 
journalists and human rights defenders who engage in public participation 
(Strategic lawsuits against public participation).

Deadline to apply: 18 September 2025 17:00:00 Brussels time

More information are available here: 
<https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/opportunities/topic-details/CERV-2025-CHAR-LITI?isExactMatch=true&status=31094501,31094502,31094503&frameworkProgramme=43251589&callIdentifier=CERV-2025-CHAR-LITI&order=DESC&pageNumber=1&pageSize=50&sortBy=startDate> 
https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/opportunities/topic-details/CERV-2025-CHAR-LITI?isExactMatch=true&status=31094501,31094502,31094503&frameworkProgramme=43251589&callIdentifier=CERV-2025-CHAR-LITI&order=DESC&pageNumber=1&pageSize=50&sortBy=startDate

Kind regards,

European Commission
DG JUST Anti-SLAPP Team